Exclusive Groups & Day Coach Tours (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Christmas)
Browsholme Hall has been the ancestral home of the Parkers; Bowbearers of the Forest of Bowland since Tudor times. Today it is still the family’s home and we invite visitors to enjoy its magnificent architecture, fabulous interiors and antique furnishings set in the stunning landscape of the Hodder Valley. Visitors will not only tour the remarkable antiquarian collection but truly gain the genuine atmosphere of a family home. Superb oak chests, Gillow furniture, portraits, civil war arms and many unique relics sit side by side with our children’s toys, a flat screen TV, dog leads and other evidence of our family home.
Our guided tours (approx. 1 hour) are tailored for all ages and interests and will captivate all those who enjoy the rich heritage that a unique and ancient Lancastrian home has to offer.
The gardens and grounds are laid out in the style of Capability Brown with, open vistas, lawns, a ha-ha, a series of lakes, terraces and a ‘wilderness’ undergoing restoration.
Group visitors (20 people or more) have the opportunity to choose, when booking, from a selection of light or cooked lunches or homemade cakes and tea/coffee, all freshly prepared especially for your group, to be enjoyed in the tearoom within our beautifully restored 18th century Tithe Barn.
Pre-booked only. Please contact 01254 827160 or email@example.com for further information.
Christmas Tour at Browsholme
Browsholme will be decorated with Christmas trees, garlands, holly and, of course, ivy. All encapsulating the spirit of the festive season, complemented by the warmth of candlelight and open fires.
During the first couple of weeks of December, we can offer a morning tour with a Christmas lunch in the Tithe Barn or afternoon tour with a traditional English Tea. Candlelit evening tours can also be arranged.
- Tours are also available via Top Hat Tours
- If you can extend your stay in the area, you might include a visit to the market towns of Clitheroe (10 mins), Skipton (40mins), or nearby the historic houses of Stonyhurst, Samlesbury Hall and Whalley Abbey. A coach tour of the Hodder Valley and its unspoilt villages is in itself a worthwhile diversion.
- Ample parking, access for coaches and welcome for the driver
- Important information for visitors with poor mobility, please see our Access Statement
- For all enquiries contact us on 01254 827160 or firstname.lastname@example.org