Exclusive Groups & Day Coach Tours
Browsholme Hall has been the ancestral home of the Parkers; Bowbearers of the Forest of Bowland since Tudor times. Today it is still the family’s home. We invite visitors to enjoy its magnificent architecture, fabulous interiors and antique furnishings set in the stunning landscape of the Hodder Valley. Visitors will not only tour the remarkable antiquarian collection but truly gain the genuine atmosphere of a family home. Superb oak chests, Gillow furniture, portraits, civil war arms and many unique relics sit side by side with our children’s toys, a flat screen TV, dog leads and other evidence of our family home.
Our guided tours (approx. 1 hour) are tailored for all ages and interests. The guides captivate all those who enjoy the rich heritage that a unique and ancient Lancastrian home has to offer.
Laid out in the style of Capability Brown, the gardens and grounds feature open vistas, lawns, a ha-ha, a series of lakes, terraces and a ‘wilderness’ undergoing restoration.
Group visitors can choose from a range of homemade refreshments, booked prior to their visit and freshly prepared on the day to be enjoyed either on arrival or after their tour, in our beautifully restored 18th century Tithe Barn.
Download a copy of our Group Tour information here
Christmas Tours at Browsholme 25th November to 12th December 2019 (excl. weekends)
Browsholme will be decorated with Christmas trees, garlands, holly and, of course, ivy that encapsulate the spirit of the festive season, complemented by the warmth of candlelight and open fires.
Bookings being taken for a morning or afternoon visit for a guided tour round the Hall and Christmas lunch in the Tithe Barn for available dates from 25th November to 12th December (excluding weekends). Other light refreshments are also available by request.
Please contact us on 01254 827160 or email@example.com for further information on booking a group visit, prices and availability of dates, or download a copy of our brochure here.
- Tours are also available via Top Hat Tours
- If you can extend your stay in the area, you might include a visit to the market towns of Clitheroe (10 mins) or Skipton (40mins). There are other nearby historic houses at Stonyhurst, Samlesbury Hall and Whalley Abbey. A coach tour of the Hodder Valley and its unspoilt villages is in itself a worthwhile diversion.
- Ample parking, access for coaches and welcome for the driver
- Important information for visitors with poor mobility, please see our Access Statement
- For all enquiries contact us on 01254 827160 or firstname.lastname@example.org